Now, you are probably wondering on 24 Hour Minecraft. What are you adding next, are you really coding 24 hours straight and will you even finish it in the end? All questions answered here.
First off, What is being added next? Well, in the most recent second episode which you can watch here. I added AI, Crafting, Fixed Terrain, Bug Fixes, Tool Usage and more Survival:
I’d watch the video if you have time. In the Third Episode, from 12 to 18 hours, I hope to finish:
- Mob Graphics, I only made the Sheep, Zombie and Skeleton Graphics. I still have to make the Player, Spider and Creeper Graphics.
- Water, It will spread like in the actual Indev.
- Farming, this is gonna be a hard one. I have to create planting, tilling, water checking, growth, and harvest! Uugh! XD
- Background and Nighttime, The mobs are spawning in the day? No way! Better fix that with the Sun and Moon.
- Menu and Settings, being able to cap off certain parts of the game to make it playable for all computers.
- Death, the player must DIEEEEE! Because he doesn’t when he either, Gets hit to death, falls to death, or falls into the Void!
- Lighting, this might not be too much of the challenge. Oh, have I forgotten about placing torches? Great.
- Furnace, This will be a challenge.
- Chest, An even greater challenge.
Probably after the third episode, if That gets all finished, then it might actually be playable. And I’ll add some extra things in the last episode. I’ll reveal when the blog post for the third episode comes out.
Second, am I doing it for 24 hours straight? Definitely not! Might’ve broken some record though. But I would be very sick after and I wouldn’t be able to do much on here for an entire WEEK! So, No, I take breaks and get sleep. Like any programmer does. If it was 1, 2 or maybe even 3 hours. I could do a Jam perhaps.
Last, Will I even finish it in the end? Hopefully, I will, I cannot tell the future, but I at least think we will be able to add extra features like Alpha 1.2 or Beta 1.8 stuff in total. But that is if I do well.
Also, I will be doing a modding contest, where you, yes you! Get to make a mod for the game, and top three mods win!
Thanks for Reading (And Watching),
P.S: I didn’t forget about Monument Food II, I’m still slowly working on it.
P.S.S: I’m also learning more Unity to make my next two apps, Ninja Bus and T/-d5 |E, whoops glitched out! (It is secret!) Also, Tumbl3 will be out with an update and for apple soon as well! Bye!